Privacy statement for The Plant
The Plant can collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Information you provide us with the purpose of performing a business transaction
- Information that you provide to us via business cards, contact forms or external downloads such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address and company to request information about our software or services.
Where permitted, The Plant may collect information about certain persons and companies obtained by other parties. This helps us to keep our administration up to date, expand and analyze it. But also to identify new customers and interested parties and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
The Plant can use your personal information to:
- Process your request, regarding our services, including downloading white papers.
- Collect or send your statements, invoices, or payments to you
- Provide you with relevant information about the activities of The Plant, such as e-mail newsletters, marketing information, offers on services. Everything according to the new laws or when this is requested by you.
When you (want to) buy something from us
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for seven years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you leave them.
Who of our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information, such as your name, e-mail address, shipping and payment information.
Our team members have access to this information to complete, process, pay refunds and support you.
Duration of storage
Personal data is stored as long as the permission is given. If – for whatever reason – you no longer want to receive our mailed information, such as newsletters, your data will be immediately removed from our active files. Backups are saved for up to a year.
Right to inspect, rectify or delete the personal data
You are entitled at any time to see which data we save about you, to request that we delete or modify it.
When you visit the website of The Plant, a small file is placed on the hard drive of your computer. These so-called Cookies make the website (s) of The Plant more useful by storing information about your preferences. This makes it easier for you to log in and use the website (s) in the future. Cookies do not personally identify an internet user, but the computer of a user is identified.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you wish, you can set your browser to prevent cookies from being automatically accepted. Open the ‘help’ section of your browser, which explains the different options for dealing with cookies. If you disable cookies, you may not have access to all functions on our websites.
The Plant websites can provide cookies for these purposes:
- Analysis – We gladly optimize the website by following the users on the website, and thereby improve the user experience
- Saving your previously completed forms – this to save time when filling in new forms.
- Tracking your behaviour in our webshops.
When you leave a comment on our site, you can indicate whether we can store your name, your e-mail address and website in a cookie. We do this for your convenience so that you do not need to re-enter this information for a new response. These cookies are valid for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to a website of The Plant, we store a temporary cookie to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie does not contain any personal data and is discarded as soon as you close your browser.
Once you log in, we will save some cookies in connection with your login information and screen display options. Login cookies are valid for 2 days and cookies for screen display options 1 year. If you select “Remember me”, your login will be saved for 2 weeks. Once you log out of your account, login cookies are removed.
When you change or publish a message, an additional cookie is stored by your browser. This cookie does not contain personal data and only contains the post ID of the article that you have edited. This cookie expired after a day.
We follow the pages you visit through Google Analytics. We collect aggregated data to monitor how our website functions and how we can improve your online experience We do not knowingly share information with companies such as Google. All IP addresses used by us are anonymous.
Any personal information you provide to us remains secure and confidential. The Plant will not share your information with other companies. We follow industry standards to protect the information provided to us. We store all your information securely, both during shipment and after we have received data. This protects your data against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, we can not guarantee that we can exclude any risk of misuse of your personal information by others with malicious intent. Keep your own credentials in a safe place and contact us immediately if you find any unauthorized use of your password or any other security breach.
We may release your personal information and / or user information if requested to do so by the police or any other regulatory or government agency investigating suspicious illegal activities.
Updates for this policy
Contact, questions and complaints
If you have questions or complaints or wishes regarding the way in which The Plant handles (your) personal data, you can contact The Plant. You can use the information below.
7383 EB Voorst gem Voorst
06 54 90 53 09
If you are of the opinion that The Plant has not handled a complaint satisfactorily, you can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.